Among other things, today marks Scribblista's first anniversary. [Ironic that this should be a paper anniversary.]
The fact that we wrote our first post on 9/11 is just a coincidence. This blog's real origins lie in our anger and frustration over the events that unfolded during Hurricane Katrina. The upshot was that we suddenly dialed into a phenomenon that the mainstream media dubbed "citizen journalism."
And then, we plunged head first into the e-mud bath known as the blogosphere. Here are five reasons why we like it here:
1. Breaking news on Suri Cruise
2. Complete coverage of celebrity nip slips
3. Snarkiness triumphs over facts, fairness and all the news that is fit to print
4. We get our own soapbox from which to tell CNN that their bizarre and self-important decision to replay their news coverage of 9/11 really sucks. [Note to CNN producers: It ain't news if it's a re-run.]
5. Our attention span -- previously about as long as gnat's -- is even shor... Oh, and did we mention that the blogosphere is our new office.